Today marks the start of Open Access Week! Libraries around the world will spend this week celebrating open access principles, and Miami's libraries are no exception. Just a few things on tap this week include:
- Free "Ask me about Open Access" buttons available at service desks throughout the libraries.
- A display in the foyer of King Library that answers, "What are all these locks for?"
- A free webcast of the SPARC/WorldBank panel discussion, "Perspectives on Open Access: Practice, Progress, and Pitfalls" in King 114 on Monday, 10/22/12, from 4:00pm-5:30pm.
- A free Digital Humanities Symposium on Tuesday, 10/23/12, from 3:00pm - 6:30pm in King 320 (see http://libguides.lib.muohio.edu/digital-humanities )
- A free presentation, "How Open Scholarship is Changing Research," by William Gunn, Ph.D. and Head of Academic Outreach for Mendeley. 4:30pm-5:30pm on Thursday, 10/25/12, in McGuffey 322 (see http://staff.lib.muohio.edu/~revellaa/gunn.html )
For information about these events and links to other open access resources, please go to http://staff.lib.muohio.edu/~revellaa/2012oa.html.
Happy Open Access Week!