Do you know the difference between an impact factor and an Eigenfactor? Do you know how to find out which journals in your field are considered the most influential? If not, then you might want to come to an upcoming workshop called "Journal Citation Reports and Other Tools for Preparing Your Dossier". This workshop is designed for faculty and graduate students who want to learn more about the citation tools available to help them. We'll cover the basics of Journal Citation Reports, discuss the useful tools in Web of Science, and realizing that not all journals are covered in JCR and WoS, we’ll also cover tools such as SciMago, Publish or Perish, Google Scholar, and WorldCat Identities.
By the end of the session we hope you’ll have gained:
• Awareness of the different tools available
• Understanding of the value of these different citation analysis tools
• Ability to select the best tool for any given task
• Understanding of vocabulary like impact factors
• Skills to gather citation information and include them in their promotion documents
This workshop is designed to be informative for all disciplines at Miami, and will be jointly led by a Humanities Librarian and a Social Science Librarian.
Lunch will be provided!
Where: King 110
When: February 21nd from noon-1:00pm
Register here: http://www.lib.muohio.edu/workshops/register/682