Miami University Libraries in partnership with the Center for Research Libraries has negotiated a site license for unlimited, individual access to the online edition of the New York Times. Directions on how to register are below and in an attachment. More information can be found here. Your subscription includes daily access to the online edition of the NYT, including blogs, web exclusive content and multimedia. For more information feel free to contact your library liaison or use our Ask Us services. You can also stop by our Information Desks at all of our locations on the Oxford campus to register.
Miami University Access to the New York Times (Group Pass)
Miami University Libraries Academic Site License using NYTimes Group Passes provides users with full access to NYTimes.com and the NYTimes.com smartphone apps.
- Enjoy access to NYTimes.com from any device.
- Once activated from within your school’s network, THEN a NYTimes.com Group Pass can be used from any location for the duration of your license period.
New Users: How to Activate a Pass
While physically on campus and within your school’s network:
1. Go to nytimes.com/grouppass.
2. Create a NYTimes.com account using your school email address. If you already have a NYTimes.com account using your school email address, you may log in with those credentials.
3. When you see START YOUR ACCESS, the expiration time and date of your pass will appear.
4. Go to NYTimes.com and enjoy your full access from any location!
5. You will need to renew your registration every 180 days, as prompted by the NYT.