One hundred years ago the Alumni Library, now Alumni Hall, was dedicated on Miami University’s campus. In honor of its Centennial, the Libraries have launched the Alumni Library Centennial Digital Collection.
Alumni Library was dedicated on commencement day, June 16, 1910 and remained Miami's main library until King Library was completed in 1972. The building was renovated in the early 1990s; today, it is the home of Miami's Department of Architecture and the Wertz Art & Architecture Library.
The Alumni Library Centennial Digital Collection contains the original blueprints of the building, historical documents, photographs, postcards, letters of alumni and other supporters, and a timeline of the history of libraries at Miami.
We invite alums and anyone with memories of the building to add your own stories and recollections about Alumni Library, the first building on campus solely dedicated as a library.
Also planned are two exhibits that will open Alumni Weekend, June 17-20, 2010. One in the Walter Havighurst Special Collections in King Library and another in Alumni Hall Cage Gallery outside the Wertz Art and Architecture Library on the first floor of Alumni Hall.