Wertz Art & Architecture library is located on the ground and basement floors of Alumni Hall, and houses the collections for all of the visual arts. The library offers 3 reservable study rooms, technology and software for design disciplines, and ample seating for individual and group study.
The Art & Architecture library provides access to PC and Mac computers with Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, AutoCAD, and other software. We offer pay for print services in color as well as black/white, for prints up to 11x17. The Interior Design Materials Library is also available for students.
An overhead scanner, two medium format scanners, and several standard scanners are available. Laptop computers, cameras, graphical tablets, and other equipment are also available for short-term checkout.
The library was established in 1973 and is named in honor of W.W. "Andy" Wertz, one of the first graduates of Miami University's school of architecture, and a former faculty member. The library is currently located in a southern expansion of Alumni Hall, completed in 1997.
Alumni Hall was originally called Alumni Library, and was the first library at Miami University. Completed in 1910 with funding from the Andrew Carnegie and alumni and friends of the university, Alumni Library was the main library on campus until the expansion of King Library in 1973.