King Library

Brief Overview

King Library, the flagship of the Miami University Libraries and scholarly hub of Oxford campus life for more than 40 years. King Library houses Miami University Libraries' social sciences and humanities collections as well as the Walter Havighurst Special Collections.

Popular venues include the King Café, the Center for Information Management, The Center for Digital Scholarship and The Howe Writing Center.

Technologies

In addition to basic software such as Microsoft Office products, King Library provides users with access to the Adobe Creative Suite, SPSS & Minitab, digital video and audio manipulation software as well as various digitization tools in the Center for Information Management and a wide array of technological equipment to checkout.

History

The library is named for longtime library director and benefactor, Edgar Weld King (1893 - 1969). The original structure, known today as the Leland S. Dutton Wing, opened in 1966 as Miami's undergraduate library.

King Library's footprint expanded to 175,159 square feet in 1973 with completion of the north wing and main entrance portico.

In 1997, the university began a three-phase, multi-million dollar renovation, overhauling design and function to meet the demands of an increasingly digital research environment. The rehabilitation was completed in 2007.

Directions

Oxford Libraries Location Map

Oxford Campus Map

Location: 151 South Campus Avenue, Oxford, OH 45056


Libraries and Collection Floor Maps

Select any filter and click on Apply to see results