Checkouts and returns
Books, journals, and other materials
To address the challenges created by the covid-19 pandemic, the Libraries have developed new services to ensure Miami students, faculty and staff can access materials quickly and efficiently.
Options for accessing materials include:
- In-person checkout in King Library, Amos Music Library, and Wertz Art & Architecture Library
- Curbside Pickup service for Oxford campus materials at King Library
- Department & Dorm delivery: We’ll deliver to your dorm or departmental office through campus mail
- Home delivery: We’ll ship materials directly to you through USPS.
- Limited online library access (LOLA): Miami students, faculty, and staff can request access to works held in the Libraries’ physical collections remotely via Canvas
Equipment and technology
New this semester: check out an Adobe Creative Cloud license online
Textbooks and course reserves
Physical reserves will be available, but availability may be limited depending on demand.
In order to keep everyone safe, we need to set returned items aside for at least three days to make sure any potential virus inactivates/dies off. This means that some high-frequency items like textbooks may be unavailable at times. We’re working to purchase additional copies of these high-use materials.
Faculty/instructors are encouraged to take advantage of the Libraries’ electronic reserves services.